So at about 5:15 PM I emailed a simple message: Hi Dr. X, We were advised on Thursday that you will review the ERA results and give us a call. Since it's been a few days I wanted to follow up. Please let me know when we can expect your call to go over to the ERA results and discuss next steps.
See? Not bitchy or demanding at all. I honestly just wanted an estimate.
He responded a few minutes later: Will call now. Send best number to reach you.
A few minutes later he called. Turns out he took off the weekend and he apologized for not getting back to us sooner. Awesome. That's all I needed. It didn't even bother me anymore that it took a while to get back to us. I was happy he responded and that we got our results.
So now... on to the results. The uterine lining came back as not ideal, in other words pre-receptive. As suspected, there are two options: option one is to repeat the test delaying the biopsy by one day to confirm "receptive lining." Option two is to do the transfer one day later without repeating the test. I asked what his recommendation is and he said it's totally up to me. I asked what do other patients who do this test do generally. He said there is no "generally" since they do this test so rarely. After I pressed a little more, he said if you're going to to do the test you should do it until you get a receptive lining. It's an optional test and an added expense, but if you're going to do it you may as well do it until you get receptive. I agree with that.
My husband and I decided to do the second biopsy to confirm the exact day. We're not interested in wasting money, and I'm not thrilled about delaying another six weeks, and I'm certainly not excited about another biopsy. But. But I'd rather do all those things rather than risk wasting an embryo.
I want to go into the next FET knowing that we did everything possible to succeed. If this is what it takes, it is what it is.
I'm really ok with this plan. I hope I don't get worked up halfway through the cycle and freak out about wasting time/money/meds but know I probably will.
The upside of this delay in results is that baseline is at the end of this week. Onward.